- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cognac Flavored Sweet Rolls Recipe
|Shortening/Butter / margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), scalded|
|Cake yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Lukewarm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Egg yolks||2 , well beaten|
|Flour||6 Cup (96 tbs), sifted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3891 Calories from Fat 766
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g133.1%
Saturated Fat 26.8 g134.2%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 626.9 mg
Sodium 2275.5 mg94.8%
Total Carbohydrates 651 g217%
Dietary Fiber 21.5 g85.9%
Sugars 77 g
Protein 107 g215%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 69.8% Iron 206.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Put the shortening, butter or margarine, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl and pour the milk into it. Mix well and let the mixture cool to lukewarm.
3. Soften the yeast in the lukewarm water and add to the cooled mixture. Add the eggs and mix well. Add 3 cups of the flour and beat vigorously. Then add 2 more cups of flour and beat. Gradually add the remaining flour, using just enough to make a soft but not sticky dough.
4. Turn out onto the floured board and knead with your hands until the mixture is smooth and elastic to the touch and bubbles may be seen under the surface. Return to the mixing bowl, cover with a clean cloth and the bread board. Let stand in a warm, not hot place, about 2 1/2 hours until double in bulk.
5. Punch down the risen dough. Toss out onto the floured board, knead lightly and shape like Parker House Rolls . Place the rolls in the greased pans, cover with a clean cloth and let rise again about 1 hour.
6. Start oven, set at Hot, 425° F. Bake 15 minutes, reduce heat to Moderate, or 375° F., and bake about 30 minutes longer.
7. Five minutes before the rolls are removed from the oven, brush the tops with the lightly beaten egg white mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water, the vanilla and the cognac. Sprinkle with sugar.