- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Red Pepper Soup Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Red bell peppers||3 Large, roasted|
|Jalapeno/Fresh red chili pepper||1⁄2 Small, seeded|
|Defatted chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Homemade Or Canned)|
|Canned tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Canned tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 135 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.6%
Saturated Fat 0.6 g3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 728 mg30.3%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 8 g16.1%
Vitamin A 74.1% Vitamin C 237.5%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a non-stick skillet, heat the oil, over moderately low heat.
2. Add and sauté the onion until soft but not browned.
3. Tip the onions into a food processor or blender jar and add the peppers and jalapeno (if using).
4. Blend the mixture into a smooth puree.
5. In a large saucepan combine the puree with the remaining ingredients.
6. Place on a medium heat and bring the soup to a boil
7. Reduce heat, partially cover the pan and let soup simmer, for 15 minutes.
8. Ladle the hot soup into warmed soup bowls or cups
9. Garnished with chopped coriander if you like.
10. Serve the soup with whole wheat breadsticks if you like.