- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Potato Streusel Muffins Recipe
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Golden raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweet potato||12 Ounce, mashed and cooked to make 1 cup|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Packed brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Peanuts||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, softened|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2620 Calories from Fat 818
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g145.3%
Saturated Fat 23.4 g117.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 368.8 mg
Sodium 1612.9 mg67.2%
Total Carbohydrates 411 g136.9%
Dietary Fiber 29 g116.1%
Sugars 195.7 g
Protein 55 g110%
Vitamin A 983.3% Vitamin C 16.1%
Calcium 156.8% Iron 91.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven hot to 400°F.
2) Take 15 regular-size muffin cups and grease with cooking spray.
3) In a medium bowl, add flour, cornmeal, granulated sugar, 1/4 cup peanuts, the raisins, baking powder and nutmeg. Mix together.
4) 2. In medium bowl, beat the eggs slightly.
5) Mix sweet potato, milk and oil and combine.
6) Immediately add the mixture to the dry ingredients.
7) Using a spoon stir until dry particles are moistened. Batter might have lumps.
8) Pour muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter.
9) In a small bowl add all topping ingredients. Mix together.
10) Sprinkle the mixture evenly over muffins.
11) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
12) Serve warm.