- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe
|Sweet potatoes||6 Medium|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Egg whites||2 , beaten|
|Lemon juice/Orange juice||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 551 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 119.6 mg
Sodium 166.7 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.4%
Sugars 64.7 g
Protein 8 g16.2%
Vitamin A 646.7% Vitamin C 10.9%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. Butter a soufflé dish.
3. Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
4. Boil the potatoes in salted water until fork tender.
5. Drain well in a colander and let dry in the steam then tip into a bowl
6. Mash the boiled potatoes with a potato masher.
7. Blend in the egg yolks, milk, sugar, nutmeg and melted butter, beating with a wooden spoon.
8. Fold in the raisins.
9. Turn mixture into the buttered dish.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes till fluffy and golden.
11. In the meantime beat the egg whites with sugar and lemon juice until stiff.
12. Top the soufflé with the meringue.
13. Place under a broiler for few minutes to brown the meringue.
14. Take the soufflé straight from the oven to the table.