- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Potato Pommes Frites Recipe Video
|Sweet potato||1 Large|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (as needed, not more than 50 % of the sides of the pot for frying)|
|Seasoning||1 Teaspoon (Harvest Eating)|
Calories 767 Calories from Fat 746
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.8%
Saturated Fat 12 g59.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 14 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.75 g3%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 0.39 g0.78%
Vitamin A 70.9% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 0.85%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut off the ends of the sweet potato and peel off the skin with a peeler.
2) In a large bowl, place the mandoline slicer and grate the sweet potato into juliennes.
3) In a heavy bottom Dutch oven, add the oil not more than 50 % of the sides of the pot and heat the oil to 320°F.
4) Add the sweet potato juliennes in batches and fry for about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon on paper towels to drain off excess oil.
5) Then raise the oil temperature to about 350°F and fry the sweet potato juliennes for another 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer into a brown paper bag.
6) Season the fries with seasoning in the bag and shake to coat them nicely.
7) Serve the Sweet Potato Pommes Frites over steaks or just as a snack.