- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Potato Orange Cups Recipe
|Sweet potatoes||4 Large, cubed (Peeled)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
Calories 841 Calories from Fat 208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.5%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g73%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.5 mg
Sodium 161.5 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 161 g53.6%
Dietary Fiber 14 g56.1%
Sugars 123.4 g
Protein 5 g11%
Vitamin A 456.3% Vitamin C 282.1%
Calcium 22.4% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Slice of orange tops.
3. Reserve ¼ tsp peel prepared by grating orange tops.
4. Using a knife or grapefruit spoon, scoop out orange sections and keep aside for later use.
7. Using a sharp knife, make zigzag pattern on the hollow orange cups top and keep aside.
8. Take a 3-quart saucepan, add boiling salted water in small amount and cook sweet potatoes to about 10 to 12 minutes or till they become soft. Drain off excess water and cool.
9. Take a large bowl and transfer sweet potatoes into it.
10. Add butter, cinnamon, salt, the orange peel, sugar and nutmeg to the sweet potatoes and blend to a smooth and creamy form.
11. Stuff orange cups with sweet potato mixture.
12. On a 12x7 1/2x2-inch baking dish, grease and arrange the sweet potato mixture stuffed orange cups.
13. Keep in preheated oven and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or till thoroughly heated.
14. Add a marshmallow on the top of each of the oranges and bake again for 2 to 3 minutes or till marshmallow become golden.
15. Serve hot.