- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Potato Layer Recipe
|Sweet potatoes||1 Pound, peeled and sliced (450 Gram)|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Tomatoes||3 , sliced|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chicken stock cubes||2|
|Water||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Strong cheddar cheese||250 Milliliter, grated (1 Cup)|
Calories 265 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43.8 mg
Sodium 615.4 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 13 g25.4%
Vitamin A 235.7% Vitamin C 22.4%
Calcium 34.4% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) Lightly grease the bottom of a casserole dish.
3) In a small bowl, crumble stock cubes and mix with the water.
4) In the bottom of the casserole dish, place half the potatoes in single layer.
5) Arrange onions, tomatoes and basil in layer.
6) Top with the remaining potatoes.
7) Stream the stock mixture over the potato layer.
8) Make a layer with grated cheese to cover.
9) Bake in the oven for 1 hour until the potatoes are tender.
10) Serve hot sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired.