- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Potato Date Puffs Recipe
|Canned sweet potatoes||17 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Dates||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), snipped|
|Canned pineapple slice||6|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 353 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.1%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg
Sodium 72.5 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 53.2 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 144.5% Vitamin C 28.4%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Mash the sweet potatoes and stir in ¼ cup of dates.
2) Shape the mixture into 6 balls.
3) Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons of the syrup.
4) In a medium skillet, melt the butter or margarine and stir in the brown sugar, reserved pineapple syrup, honey and the remaining dates.
5) Heat thoroughly till the sugar has dissolved.
6) Into the syrup in the skillet, place 6 slices of pineapple. Top each with a potato ball.
7) Cover the skillet and gently simmer over low heat for 10 to 12 minutes, spooning the pineapple syrup over the potatoes several times during the cooking process.
8) Serve the Sweet Potato Date Puffs warm or at room temperature. These make a good side dish, or even a dessert.