- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Potato And Cream Corn Fritters Recipe Video
|Cream style corn||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Ginger||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 Large, separated into egg yolk and white|
|Sweet potato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked, mashed and cold|
|Cooking oil spray||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 220 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.1%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.3 mg
Sodium 242.2 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 5 g9.5%
Vitamin A 61.2% Vitamin C 9.1%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, add and combine together the sweet potato, cream corn, ginger, chives and all purpose flour. Mix until well combined.
2. Pour in the milk and continue mixing until well incorporated.
3. Add in the egg yolk, rum and combine it well with the sweet potato ingredients.
4. In a medium sized bowl with egg white, whisk it until the egg white becomes stiff.
5. Add the stiff egg white and fold gently it into the sweet potato mixture.
6. In a skillet on medium high, spray cooking oil and heat it for frying the sweet potatoes. Once the oil is hot, spoon about a tablespoon of the sweet potato mixture into the pan and pan fry them for about 5 - 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crisp.
7. Once done, transfer them onto a serving plate and get ready to serve.
8. Serve these sweet potato and cream corn fritters hot.