- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
|Canned sweet potatoes||32 Ounce (Two 16 Ounce Cans)|
|Canned pineapple tidbits||8 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Miniature marshmallows||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2068 Calories from Fat 550
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.4%
Saturated Fat 38.9 g194.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.3 mg
Sodium 764.9 mg31.9%
Total Carbohydrates 365 g121.7%
Dietary Fiber 17.7 g70.8%
Sugars 180.4 g
Protein 22 g44.2%
Vitamin A 1616% Vitamin C 78.6%
Calcium 34% Iron 69.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a small heat-resistant non-metallic bowl melt butter in Microwave Oven 30 (40) seconds.
3. Place potatoes in a medium-sized bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork.
4. Add melted butter and brown sugar. Stir until well combined.
5. Stir in pineapple juice until desired consistency is reached. Fold in pineapple tidbits and marsh-
mallows. Butter a shallow 1 1/2-quart non-metallic casserole and spoon potato mixture into casserole.
6. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 5 to 6 (6 1/2 to 8) minutes or until potato mixture is heated through and marshmallows begin to melt.