- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe Video
|Sweet potato||1 Pound, peeled, scalloped|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, scalloped|
|Red onion||1 Medium, scalloped|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Extra sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded (or any cheese as per your choice)|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Fresh oregano||1 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), mince|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (or chicken broth cubes- 2)|
|No salt seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 372 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.4 mg16.8%
Sodium 609.6 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 18 g35.3%
Vitamin A 334.1% Vitamin C 22%
Calcium 41.1% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Take an oven safe dish, and layer onion at the bottom. Top it with potato, and zucchini.
3. In a small bowl, combine garlic, rosemary, chicken stock cubes, milk, salt, pepper, and seasoning.
4. Drop half cheddar cheese in bowl, reserving other half for topping. Whisk well.
5. Pour mixture in baking dish over vegetables. Spread.
6. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
7. Pop it in the oven, and bake for 45 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.
8. Serve casserole hot with rosemary garnish.