- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buttermilk Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe
|Cooked mashed sweet potatoes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2024 Calories from Fat 804
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g140.9%
Saturated Fat 55.9 g279.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 232.2 mg
Sodium 2699.6 mg112.5%
Total Carbohydrates 263 g87.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49.3%
Sugars 41.7 g
Protein 37 g73.9%
Vitamin A 702.5% Vitamin C 55.1%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 71.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take an electric mixer and blend the sweet potatoes along with brown sugar and butter.
2) Mix the baking powder and salt with flour by stirring it well.
3) Dissolve the soda completely in buttermilk.
4) Stir all the ingredients together until they get slightly moist.
5) Turn the dough out on a floured surface and knead it properly 6-8 times.
6) Roll out the dough until it is ½ inch in thickness and cut it into 1 ½ inch pieces with a biscuit cutter.
7) Set the oven at 400° and place the pieces on an ungreased tray before baking for 18-20 minutes
8) Serve hot or cold.