- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
|Canned sweet potatoes/Yams||32 Ounce, drained (2 Can Of 16 Ounce Each)|
|Onion soup mix||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Chopped pecans/Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 712 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.6%
Saturated Fat 12 g60.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 181.3 mg
Sodium 1034.5 mg43.1%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.3%
Sugars 34.7 g
Protein 13 g25.7%
Vitamin A 539.1% Vitamin C 27.2%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 29.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Lightly grease a 1 ½ quart shallow baking dish or casserole with oil or butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, use a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon to mash the potatoes or yams.
4. Add the other ingredients to the mashed and mix to blend well.
5. Empty the contents of the bowl into the greased baking dish.
6. Sprinkle flaked coconut on the top, if desired.
7. Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake the potato mash for 30 minutes or until well heated.
8. Serve the mash as a side dish, with your roasts or grilled meats.