- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Potato, Apple and Rutabaga Bisque Recipe Video
|Sweet potato||4 Medium|
|Granny smith apple||4 Medium|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Chicken stock||2 Quart|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
Calories 1239 Calories from Fat 316
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.6%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.4 mg15.8%
Sodium 2649.9 mg110.4%
Total Carbohydrates 200 g66.7%
Dietary Fiber 38.2 g152.7%
Sugars 103.9 g
Protein 39 g77.9%
Vitamin A 855.7% Vitamin C 337.1%
Calcium 49.9% Iron 43.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel all the vegetables and cut them into ½ in. cubes.
2. In a heavy bottom pot heat about a ¼ cup of oil, then add rutabaga and cook for two to three minutes before adding the sweet potato.
3. Keep stirring so the vegetables to not stick to the bottom after cooking for about five minutes as the apples and cook till all the vegetables are tender.
4. At this time add the chicken stock and reduce the heat.
5. Using a wooden spoon scrape all the caramelized vegetable off the bottom of the pot and let it cook till all the vegetable are tender.
6. Add the ginger and the salt and pepper to taste.
7. When the seasoning is correct puree the soup till smooth using a blender or hand blender.
8. To serve garnish the coup with a dollop of mascarpone.