- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Potato and Raisin Bread Recipe
|Flour||12 Ounce (340 Gram)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mashed cooked sweet potatoes||1 Pound (450 Grams)|
|Light brown sugar||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Ounce, melted and cooled (120 Grams)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Raisins||3 Ounce (85 Grams)|
Calories 393 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.8 mg36.6%
Sodium 281 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 22.2 g
Protein 8 g15.7%
Vitamin A 62.1% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a small bowl. Set aside.
4. With an electric mixer, beat the mashed sweet potatoes with the brown sugar, butter or margarine, and eggs until well mixed.
5. Add the flour mixture and the raisins. Stir with a wooden spoon until the flour is just mixed in.
6. Transfer the batter to the prepared dish or tin. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the centre comes out clean, 1-1 1/4 hours.
7. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then unmould the bread from the dish or tin onto the wire rack and let cool completely.