- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Aam ki Chutney - Golkeri - Sweet Mango Pickle Recipe Video
|Whole dry red chilies||3 Medium|
|Cinnamon sticks||3 Medium|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Mango||1 Pound, chopped finely|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Pound (According to taste preference)|
|Red chili powder||2 Teaspoon (According to taste preference)|
|Cardamom||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
Calories 106 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.8%
Saturated Fat 0.33 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 100.3 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 20.5 g
Protein 0.34 g0.68%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 11.4%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large pot and heat it with some oil. Add the whole dry red chilies, cinnamon sticks and cloves.
2. After a minute add the cumin seeds, the finely chopped mango pieces and the sugar. Stir occasionally and leave it to cook at low to medium heat.
3. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes and when the syrup reaches a sticky consistency, add the red chili powder, salt and crushed cardamom and continue to stir.
4. After a while when the color changes from yellow to red, turn off the heat.
5. Serve as a condiment with any Indian dish.
During summers, store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. If the temperature outdoors is not too hot, the pickle can be stored in room temperature as well.