- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Hummingbird Cake Recipe Video
|Crushed pineapple can||8 Ounce|
|Bananas||3 Medium, peeled and sliced (2-3)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil/Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Dark rum/Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
|Banana cake mix||18 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Cooking oil spray||1|
|Vanilla frosting||16 Ounce|
|Nuts mix||2 Tablespoon, chopped (mixed nuts of your choice) (Optional)|
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32 mg
Sodium 388.5 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g4%
Sugars 51.4 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F spray inside of Bundt cake pan with cooking oil.
2. In a large bowl, place the bananas and mash using a potato masher.
3. Add in pineapple with juice, milk, oil, eggs, vanilla extract and water or rum, if using.
4. Using hand blender beat together until well blended.
5. Add in the cake mix and fold lightly until well mixed.
6. Pour the batter into a greased Bundt cake pan and bake on middle oven rack for 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Remove the cake from oven and allow to cool for about 45 minutes; invert onto a serving plate.
8. Microwave frosting on high setting 15 to 20 seconds, until runny and let it sit for a minute over cake.
9. Drizzle the frosting over the cake, sprinkle with nuts,
10. Slice the cake into wedges and serve.