- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Hot Mango Pickle Recipe
|Raw mangoes||1 Kilogram (Firm)|
|Jaggery||300 Gram (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Asafoetida||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (3 Small Pieces)|
|Mustard oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 854 Calories from Fat 516
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g33.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 12974.5 mg540.6%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.3%
Sugars 74.2 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 41.4% Vitamin C 277.8%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Fry the chillies and asafoetida in a little oil. Cool, then add the mustard seeds and powder. To this, add any left-over turmeric powder and salt. Mix and keep aside.
3. Add some water to the jaggery, and make a syrup of one thread consistency. Remove from fire, and cool.
4. Strain the water from the mangoes. Put them into a large stainless steel vessel. Add the masala powders with about a cup of oil, and coat the mango pieces with this by mixing them.
5. Add the jaggery syrup, mix thoroughly, and put the pieces into a jar.
6. Heat the rest of the oil. Cool thoroughly, pour over pieces in jar, cover and sun for a week or so before use.