- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thanksgiving Recipe - Frangipane Fruit Tart Recipe Video
|For the frangipane crust|
|Sweet dough||500 Gram (Pate Sucree - For the crust)|
|For the frangipane filling|
|Almond paste||4 Ounce|
|Egg yolk||1 Medium|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For rolling the sweet dough|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As required for dusting)|
Calories 524 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.6%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.4 mg27.8%
Sodium 652.1 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 16.4 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 6.8%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Hand blender
1. Preheat the oven to about 350 F.
2. In a bowl, using a hand beater or blender, beat the almond paste with the whole egg, egg yolk and the sugar until you get a smooth paste.
3. Add the butter and blend further.
4. Blend in the flour gradually at low speed until fully incorporated to a smooth paste. Set this aside.
5. Roll the sweet dough, dusting it with flour into a large round flat dough.
6. Transfer the dough into a baking pan. Press the edges well into the pan and cut to discard the uneven edges.
7. Spread the frangipane filling inside the pie crust and level the surface using a spatula.
8. Decorate the pie with the raspberries and blueberries spacing them well.
9. Bake the pie in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until the filling is set.
10. Serve the frangipane fruit tart as a dessert for thanksgiving.
For recipe directions on how to make the sweet dough (Pate Sucree) please watch the video http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/pate-sucree-sweet-dough