- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Crunchy Yams Recipe
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chilled|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yams||24 Ounce, quartered (Drained)|
Calories 521 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg
Sodium 24.8 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34.1%
Sugars 28.9 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 48.8%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the oven temperature to 375°F before baking.
2) Process brown sugar, butter and pecans for about 15 seconds in a food processor bowl fitted with a Knife Blade, until butter is cut into sugar and the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
3) Empty the mixture to a bowl and then process half of yam pieces in the bowl for about 10 seconds until crumbly.
4) In a 9-inch pie pan, spread yams.
5) Repeat the same process with the next half and then top the yams with pecan mixture.
6) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
7) Serve hot.