- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Couscous with Almond and Pistachio Recipe Video
|Couscous||1 Cup (16 tbs) (unflavored)|
|Apple juice/Fruit juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Almond||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slivered|
|Pistachio||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Pomegranate||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1403 Calories from Fat 380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.9%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 135.2 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 215 g71.8%
Dietary Fiber 20 g80.1%
Sugars 50.2 g
Protein 38 g76%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 22.4% Iron 34.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan take water and juice, bring to a boil.
2. Stir in the couscous. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile in a grinding jar grind together almond and pistachio.
4. Remove the couscous from the heat. Stir in the ground nuts and margarine.
5. Fluff the couscous with a fork and transfer to a serving dish.
6. Sprinkle cinnamon and pomegranate over the couscous and serve hot.