- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Corn Soup With Crab Recipe Video
|For the soup:|
|Yellow onions||2 Small, dice|
|Corn||10 Medium (Shucked and trimmed ears off)|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium, mince|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock/Water||1 Gallon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|For the chive oil:|
|Chives||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Ice water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For the crab:|
|Jumbo lump crab meat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 3760 Calories from Fat 953
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g169.1%
Saturated Fat 19.8 g98.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.8 mg
Sodium 2979.3 mg124.1%
Total Carbohydrates 631 g210.4%
Dietary Fiber 64.2 g256.8%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 87 g173.7%
Vitamin A 49.7% Vitamin C 11.6%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 123.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the soup: In a large pot on high heat, add olive oil cool and cook the onions and garlic until caramelized.
2. Add in the corn and cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
3. Pour in the stock and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Bring the soup to a boil.
5. In a bowl, mix the corn starch and water.
6. Stir in the corn starch-water mixture until it becomes very thick.
7. Once thick, puree until smooth using a blender or hand pureer.
8. Finish the soup with milk, salt, pepper, worschestrerchire sauce and Tabasco and keep hot.
9. For the Chive oil: In a saute pan, cook the chives for 10 to 15 seconds with boiling salted water.
10. Once cooked, remove from the boiling water and add to ice water until completely cool.
11. Next, squeeze out as much of the water in the chives as possible and add to a blender.
12. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while pureeing the chives. Once combined, strain the chive oil and set aside to set.
13. For the Crab: In a saute pan on high heat, add butter and cook the crab meat for a few minutes.
14. Ladle the soup in a bowl along with some chive oil and chunks of crab and serve hot.