- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Caramel Bars Recipe Video
|For the crust|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the filling|
|Chopped pecans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coconut flakes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweetened condensed milk can||300 Milliliter|
|For the topping|
|Caramels||227 Gram (Kraft)|
|Milk/Light cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Semi-sweet chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 629 Calories from Fat 312
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.2%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.3 mg
Sodium 169.1 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 52.6 g
Protein 8 g15.7%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedGreased 9x13 pan
350 degrees F
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Prepare a greased baking pan.
3. In mixing bowl combine flour, packed brown sugar and butter, using a pastry blender cut the butter until you get a corn meal consistency.
4. Transfer into the baking pan and spread it into an even layer, press it and bake for 12-15 minute.
5. Once done remove from the oven and spread chopped pecans all over the crust.
6. Spread coconut flakes and pour sweetened condensed milk, place it in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
7. Once done remove and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
8. In a saucepan place the caramel and pour milk and over low heat melt the caramel for 10 minutes or until melted completely.
9. Pour the melted caramel all over the base spread it evenly and sprinkle semi-sweet chocolate chips all over.
10. Serve after a hearty meal.