- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Chocolate Cake Recipe
|Sweet cooking chocolate||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cake flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5549 Calories from Fat 2359
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 270 g415.2%
Saturated Fat 158.5 g792.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1329.7 mg
Sodium 2675.4 mg111.5%
Total Carbohydrates 743 g247.7%
Dietary Fiber 57.5 g230.1%
Sugars 403 g
Protein 102 g204.8%
Vitamin A 131.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 54.1% Iron 130.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Melt the chocolate in the boiling water. Cool.
3. Cream the butter, add the sugar and cream until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the vanilla and melted chocolate and mix until well blended.
4. Sift the flour with the soda and salt. Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk to the butter mixture, beating after each addition until the batter is smooth.
5. Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites and pour the batter into three eight-or nine-inch greased layer pans, lined on the bottom with waxed paper. Bake thirty-five to forty minutes. Cool.
6. Frost the top and between the layers with coconut-pecan frosting or other desired frosting. Do not frost the sides of the cake.