- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cherry Muffin with Crumb Topping Recipe Video
|White sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Crumb topping)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Crumb topping)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Crumb topping)|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, melted (Crumb topping)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Crumb topping)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon (Batter)|
|Egg||1 Medium (Batter)|
|Non-fat sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Batter)|
|Vanilla||1 Teaspoon (Batter)|
|Cherry||2 Cup (32 tbs), pitted (24 cherries required)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Batter)|
Calories 242 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.4%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.3 mg
Sodium 199 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 27.2 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 13% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners and spritz the pan with baking spray.
3) For crumb topping, in a medium-sized bowl, mix sugars, salt, and butter to combine.
4) Add flour and stir until mixture is dough-like and set aside.
5) In a larger mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with a spatula.
6) Add the egg, sour cream, butter and vanilla and mix until well combined.
7) Fill each muffin cup with 1-2 tablespoons of batter, then place 2 cherries in each cup.
8) Fill the cups with the rest of the batter, pressing the batter down over the cherries.
9) Break apart the crumbs into pea-sized pieces and place on top of batter.
10) Bake for 20 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.
11) Transfer to a cooling rack after 5 minutes and cool for 45 minutes.
12) Dust with powdered sugar and serve.