- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Cauliflower Curry Recipe Video
|Sweet potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Cauliflower||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into flowerets|
|Cumin seeds||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Sambhar powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Gram flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Ginger||2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Tomato||1 Medium, diced|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 191 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 600 mg25%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 116.6% Vitamin C 45.1%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan heat oil and saute vegetables adding a little salt until softened for 5-6 minutes.
2. Transfer to a bowl and keep aside.
3. In the empty pan add a little oil and splutter the cumin seeds.
4. Add onion and ginger and saute until the onions are softened.
5. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, sambhar powder and red chili powder and mix well.
6. Add tomatoes, mix well and add 1-2 cups water if needed to attain desired consistency.
7. Add salt and tomato sauce and cook for 10 minutes on medium flame stirring occasionally.
8. Add the vegetables, garam masala, sugar and gram flour and stir well.
9. Place a cover on the pan and cook for about 10 minutes.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.