- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Apple Frittata Recipe
|Tart apple||1 , thinly sliced|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fat free egg substitute||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 443 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 518.2 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 42.8 g
Protein 28 g56.4%
Vitamin A 67.4% Vitamin C 180.1%
Calcium 19.5% Iron 31%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place a large non-stick frying pan over moderate heat and sauté the raisins, apples, walnuts, honey, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves in oil for about 7 minutes or till the apples are soft.
2) Put the mixture in a large bowl and add the eggs.
3) Clean the frying pan and then place it over medium-high heat. Allow it to stand for about 2 minutes.
5) Add 1 teaspoon of margarine. Swirl it around the pan to distribute it well.
6) Add half of the egg mixture and lift the pan. Rotate it so that the eggs are distributed evenly.
7) As the eggs start to set around the edges, lift them so that the uncooked parts flow underneath.
8) Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Cook till the top is set.
9) Invert the preparation onto a serving plate and cut it into wedges.
10) Repeat the preparation procedure with the remaining 1 tablespoon of margarine and the egg mixture.
11) Serve as preferred.