- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet And Spicy Short Ribs Recipe
|Beef short ribs||4 Pound|
|Catsup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Horseradish||1 Tablespoon, prepared|
|Dry mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
Calories 1885 Calories from Fat 1483
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 165 g253.9%
Saturated Fat 71.7 g358.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 344 mg
Sodium 1432.6 mg59.7%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 22.5 g
Protein 66 g133%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 30.4%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350Â°.
2. In a large sauce, mix short ribs and all the remaining ingredients other than except onions.
3. Cover the pan and simmer for 2 hours or until soft. Allow it to cool down and then chill for 1 1/4 hours before serving time.
4. Take off all fat and remove all the bones from ribs. Take out the bay leaf.
5. In a 6-cup baking dish and place the meat.
6. Add sauce the top with onion slices and cover the baking dish.
7. Place the dish in the oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and baste onions with sauce in dish.
8. Bake for additional 30 minutes or longer until meat is soft.
9. Serve hot in a serving dish.