- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet And Spicy Carrot Soup Recipe
|Cold water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Frozen carrots||16 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Orange juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , thinly sliced (For Garnish)|
|Mint sprigs||6 (For Garnish)|
Calories 109 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.26 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 475.7 mg19.8%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21%
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 330.3% Vitamin C 113.7%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 2 ½ quart saucepan, add carrots, water and salt.
2. Cover and allow the mixture to come to boil.
3. Lower the heat and allow to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes for carrots to turn soft.
4. Take off from heat and allow to cool.
5. Using a food processor or blender, puree carrots with cooking liquid.
6. Transfer to a large bowl.
7. Mix orange juice, broth and nutmeg and combine well.
8. Cover and allow to refrigerator for 2 hours or till chilled thoroughly.
9. Garnish with fresh mint sprig and orange slice and serve.