- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet And Sour Pot Roast Recipe
|Boneless beef chuck roast||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Season salt||To Taste (For Seasoning)|
|Pepper||To Taste (For Seasoning)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Quart|
|Onions||6 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Kosher nyafat||2 Tablespoon (Rokeach Brand)|
|Pure honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Rokeach Brand)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweet potatoes||2 , diced|
Calories 847 Calories from Fat 384
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.5%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 178.1 mg59.4%
Sodium 755.6 mg31.5%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.2%
Sugars 31.4 g
Protein 49 g98.4%
Vitamin A 164% Vitamin C 52.4%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Season the beef with salt and pepper.
2. In a large casserole or Dutch oven, heat the ROKEACH Kosher Nyafat.
3. Fry the onions in it till brown and crisp. Remove to a plate using a slotted spoon.
4. Sear the meat on both sides to seal the juices within the roast.
5. Reduce the heat; cover the casserole with its lid and simmer the meat for 1 1/2 hours, turning the meat once or twice.
6. Let the fried onions, tomatoes, onions, honey, lemon juice and sweet potatoes join the meat in the pot. Stir well.
7. Cover again and cook the meat for another hour or until meat and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
8. Slice the Roast into serving portions and serve with the gravy and vegetables.