- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet and Sour Pork Meatballs with Spicy Fries Recipe Video
|For meatball mix|
|Ground pork sausage||250 Gram|
|Eggs||1 , cage free|
|Fresh italian flat leaf parsley||10 Gram, chop (small handful)|
|Ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Grated ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange zest||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chili flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||1 , chop|
|Dried breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (use as needed)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|For sweet and sour sauce|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Medium, chop|
|Celery stalk||1 , chop|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chili flakes||1 Pinch|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For spicy fries|
|Red potatoes||2 Small (or enough for 2 people)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (or as needed to coat potatoes)|
|Raw red onion||To Taste, chopped finely|
|Fresh cilantro||To Taste, chopped finely|
|Hot sauce||To Taste|
Calories 950 Calories from Fat 559
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.2%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.5%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 195.7 mg
Sodium 1849.3 mg77.1%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 29.8 g
Protein 28 g56.2%
Vitamin A 23.3% Vitamin C 80.1%
Calcium 9% Iron 23.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl combine ground pork, parsley, pepper, ginger, orange zest, chili flakes, soy sauce, egg, green onion, breadcrumbs, and salt. Mix well. Add more breadcrumbs if the mixture is too wet. Cover and place the bowl in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Take the bowl out of the refrigerator and roll meat mixture into bite size pieces. Line a baking tray with foil and place meatballs on it.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
4. Place a pan on medium heat and pour vegetable oil in it. Drop meatballs in pan and cook until lightly golden.
5. Lay the meatballs on the baking sheet. Pop the sheet in oven and cook for about 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, for spicy fries lay potatoes on a baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle oil and season it with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place potatoes in oven and let it roast until nice and crispy.
7. For sauce, place a pan on medium flame and heat oil in it. Drop celery and onion. Sprinkle salt, stir and let it sweat until soft.
8. Throw tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
9. Add ginger, and orange zest. Stir, and cook for 1 minute.
10. Put vinegar, sugar, vegetable stock, chili flakes, and black pepper in pan. Stir and bring it to a boil. Let the mixture reduce by half.
11. Take the fries out of the oven and transfer it to a bowl. Add pepper, salt, red onion, cilantro, and hot sauce. Give it a good toss.
12. Take the meatballs out of the oven and allow it to rest.
13. Serve meatballs hot with spicy fries, sauce and cilantro garnish.