- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet And Sour Pork Recipe
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|White vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Pork butt||1 1⁄2 Pound, boneless trimmed and cut in 3/4-inch (2 cm) cubes|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon, packed|
|Pineapple chunks||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
Calories 537 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.2%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.8%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 107.3 mg
Sodium 1116.6 mg46.5%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 34.9 g
Protein 32 g64.6%
Vitamin A 152.9% Vitamin C 28.2%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl combine soy sauce and vinegar and stir in pork cubes to coat.
2. With cover marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
3. In a 12-cup (3 liter) casserole, combine oil, carrots and onion and microwave with cover at High for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened, stirring once.
4. Then stir in green pepper, chicken stock, sugar and pork mixture.
5. Drain pineapple and set chunks aside reserving the juice.
6. Into the pork mixture stir 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) of the pineapple juice, cover and microwave at High for 5 minutes.
7. Microwave the pork at Medium (50%) for 17 to 22 minutes until pork is tender, stirring occasionally.
8. In a bowl, mix cornstarch with 3 tablespoon (50 milliliters) reserved pineapple juice until smooth and add to pork mixture along with pineapple chunks.
9. Microwave at High, uncovered, for 5 to 7 minutes until heated through and thickened, stirring once.
10. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.