- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Juicy Sweet And Sour Pork Recipe
|For the sauce|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||8 Ounce, drained (Juice Reserved, 1 Can)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boneless pork loin||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Green pepper||1 , cut into 1/4-inch strips|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained, sliced (1 Can)|
|Chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Serving)|
Calories 443 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.3%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 89.6 mg
Sodium 1006.9 mg42%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 24.1 g
Protein 34 g68%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 51.8%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small (1 quart) microwave dish, combine cornstarch, soy sauce and 1cup of pineapple juice, adding water incase you fall short. Blend until smooth.
2. Stir in the remaining sauce ingredients.
3. Microwave at HIGH for about 6 minutes until sauce is thick and bubbly, stirring halfway through cooking time.
4. Blend catsup, brown sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce into the onion mixture.
5. Add the pork strips along with the remaining ingredients except the rice.
6. Cover dish with plastic wrap and pierce in 2-3 place with knife to allow steam to escape.
7. Place in the microwave and set the power at 5
8. Cook for about 24 minutes or until pork is tender, stirring occasionally.
9. Serve the pork, vegetables and sauce over rice or noodles.