- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
|Pork steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into strips|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry milk powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||1 Pound, drained (Reserve Syrup, 1 Can)|
|Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled, slice thin|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded, cut into strips|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 479 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.1 mg
Sodium 598.8 mg25%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 27.1 g
Protein 40 g79.2%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 56.6%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 18.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Season the pork steak strips with paprika.
2) In a skillet, sear the seasoned steak strips in the heated oil until brown.
3) In a slow cooker, place the browned steak strips.
4) In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, dry milk and salt together, mix well.
5) In a cup drain the pineapple syrup, level to 2/3 cup with water and reserve.
6) In a bowl, mix the reserved pineapple syrup, soy sauce, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
7) Stir the liquid mixture into the dry cornstarch mixture, mix well.
8) Pour the mixture over the steak strips in the slow cooker and then add the onion, stir to mix well.
9) Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
10) About 1 1/2 hours before the serving time, stir in the pineapple chunks and green pepper strips.
7) Serve over a bed of cooked rice on individual serving plates.