- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet And Sour Pork Recipe
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (125 Milliliter)|
|For sweet and sour sauce|
|Canned pineapple chunks||12 Ounce (1 Can / 300 Gram)|
|Malt vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Spring onion||1 , cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Green pepper||1 , pith and seeds removed and sliced|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (For Frying)|
|For pork mixture|
|Lean pork||8 Ounce, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (200 Gram)|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
Calories 363 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.6 mg
Sodium 1953.9 mg81.4%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 14.3 g
Protein 16 g31.2%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 52.9%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, blend batter ingredients and form a smooth paste.
2) Keep aside for 15 minutes.
3) Remove the pineapple pieces and reserve 4 tablespoons juice.
4) In a saucepan add juice, vinegar, tomato puree, sugar, cornflour and water.
5) Cook in low heat stirring.
6) Fry spring onion and green pepper for 30 seconds in 1 tablespoon oil.
7) Mix well with pineapple.
8) Store in a container and cool.
9) Season flour with salt and pepper and toss pork in it.
10) Soak each pieces in batter and fry in hot oil for 5 minutes.
11) Place in absorbent towels and put in a tight container.
12) In a serving plate put the pork and pour the sauce on it.
Keep in a tight container and freeze. Before serving fry pork pieces in hot oil. Drain excess oil in absorbent paper. Heat the frozen sauce in 1 tablespoon water. Simmer in the pan and stir occasionally.