- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Boneless pork shoulder||1 1⁄4 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes to make about 2 1/2 cups|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Green peppers||2 Medium, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 354 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.7%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 43.9 mg
Sodium 690.3 mg28.8%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 15 g30.5%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 50.7%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce. Set it aside.
2) Preheat a wok and pour oil around the top to coat the sides evenly.
3) Heat the wok over medium high heat at 325° for couple of minutes.
4) Add pork to stir-fry for 5 to 6 minutes.
5) Season the pork with garlic salt and pepper. Pour in water.
6) Reduce heat to low at 225°. Cover the wok with a lid and allow simmering for 25 minutes or so, until the pork becomes very tender.
7) Add green pepper and cook for 4 minutes without putting the lid.
8) Add raisins, sugar and vinegar.
9) Add the cornstarch mixture to the wok.
10) Cook for few more minutes until the sauce becomes thick and foamy.
11) Serve hot with freshly cooked rice.