- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet and Sour Pasta Salad Recipe
|Corkscrew pasta||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), uncooked|
|Pineapple chunks||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Broccoli florets||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), frozen|
|Sweet red pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple juice||2 Tablespoon, canned|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 343 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g10%
Saturated Fat 0.66 g3.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 61.2 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.3%
Sugars 33.6 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 76.7% Vitamin C 236.6%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pot of salted, boiling water cook the pasta according to the packet directions until tender. Drain the pasta and keep aside.
2) Drain the canned pineapple chunks, keeping 2 tablespoons of the can juice aside for later use.
3) In a large serving bowl, add the cooked pasta, pineapple chunks, celery, peas, red pepper and green onion. Mix well. Keep aside.
4) In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by combining mustard, honey, lemon juice, pineapple juice, olive oil, basil and garlic powder.
5) Pour the salad dressing over the pasta salad and toss well.
6) Place the bowl in the refrigerator to chill.
7) Garnish the Sweet and Sour Pasta Salad with grate cheese. Serve chilled.