- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet and Sour Onions Recipe Video
|Onions||500 Gram, peeled|
|Balsamic vinegar||50 Milliliter|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 575 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.2%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg21.5%
Sodium 422.4 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34%
Sugars 58.7 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 61.7%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan add the sugar, and cook until slightly golden brown,
then add balsamic vinegar stir and let it evaporate a bit, after that add the onions.
Now that the balsamic vinegar has reduced.
2. Add the onions stir then let it simmer with a lid on for 40 minutes on a low flame after half the cooking time, check if you need to add some hot water or vegetable broth.
3. Then let them simmer uncovered, until the onions are cooked. The cooking time depends on the size of the onions, so remember to check them.
4. A few minutes before removing the onions from the heat, add some salt.
5. Serve together with roast meat or fish.