- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet And Sour Mustard Sauce Recipe
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1256 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.5%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 445.6 mg
Sodium 643.7 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 246 g81.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 214.1 g
Protein 26 g51.2%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 35.3% Iron 31.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy bottomed, medium size saucepan, combine first 6 ingredients and stir well to mix.
2. Add flour and stir to blend into the mixture to
3. Blend in flour to form paste.
4. Cooke over low heat, stirring, until mixture begins to bubble, about 2 minutes.
5. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly to make a smooth sauce.
6. Simmer, stirring all the time, until thick and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
7. This recipe yields about 2 cups of sauce which can be used as an accompaniment to salads, fish or meat dishes.