- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet and Sour Lentils Recipe
|Chicken broth||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Red lentils/Green lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Lemon juice||6 Tablespoon|
|Parsley/Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Lettuce leaves||1 (For Garnish)|
Calories 291 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 482.1 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.5%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 14 g27.3%
Vitamin A 19.1% Vitamin C 37.4%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, add the chicken broth and the lentils. Allow it to come to a boil.
2) Turn down the flame and continue cooking for about 20 to 30 minutes, until the lentils just start to become tender.
3) Mix in the onions, oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt, pepper and parsley or cilantro. You may add less or more lemon juice and sugar as per your taste.
4) Gently stir the lentil mix to well incorporate all the flavors.
5) Lastly, sprinkle paprika and give the lentils a final mix.
6) On a serving plate, lay down the lettuce leaves. Spoon the Sweet and Sour Lentils over it.
7) This dish may be served warm or cold.