- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet and Sour Garlic Vegetables Recipe
|Vegetables||2 Pound, fresh sliced (Vegetables Like Carrots, Broccoli, Mushrooms, Cauliflower, Etc. Are Preferred)|
|White vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled and sliced|
Calories 341 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 833.9 mg34.7%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.6%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 230.3% Vitamin C 41.3%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel, trim, and slice vegetables with care.
2. Combine vinegar, salt, and sugar in a large jar.
3. Add vegetables to the jar, and shake well to mix them properly.
4. Cover the jar and place it in freeze overnight with occasional shaking of its ingredients.
5. Take another small jar and mix oil and garlic.
(You are not required to freeze these ingredients)
6. Before serving, drain the vegetables, and place them on a serving plate.
7. Pour garlic oil over the veggies and serve them with a toothpick.