- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet and Sour Drumsticks Recipe
|Red wine vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Salad||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 215 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 112.4 mg
Sodium 582.3 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.67 g2.7%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 31 g62.3%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 13.8%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) If desired, skin the chicken drumsticks and make 2-3 slashes in each with a sharp knife.
2) Preheat the grill to medium.
3) In a non-metallic container, arrange the drumsticks in a single layer.
4) Prepare marinade in a small bowl by mixing soy sace, tomato paste, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper and garlic.
5) Pour the marinade over the drumsticks and let them marinade in fridge for 1 hour.
6) Over hot coals in grill, cook the drumsticks for 20 minutes until chicken is tender and all the juices run clear.ting the drumsticks with marinade.
7) Insert a skewer and test the doneness of the chicken. If skewer comes out clear the chicken is ready.
8) Garnish the chicken with parsley sprigs and serve it with crisp salad.