- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet and Sour Crockpot Beef Stew Recipe Video
|Carrot||2 Large, grated|
|Onion||1 Medium, grated|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Stew beef||2 Pound|
|Tomato paste||6 Tablespoon|
|Citric acid/Vinegar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 190 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.4%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.1 mg6%
Sodium 724 mg30.2%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 7 g13.9%
Vitamin A 101.3% Vitamin C 17.7%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, combine meat and flour. Mix to coat evenly. Set aside.
2. Place a large skillet on medium high heat; pour oil and sauté onion and carrot in it. Cook until caramelized.
3. In a crock pot, transfer cooked onion.
4. In the same skillet, pour oil, drop beef and cook until brown on very high heat. Do it in batches without overcrowding the skillet. Transfer it to crock pot.
5. Add tomato paste, and cover it with water. Mix well.
6. Drop salt, citric acid, sugar, and black pepper. Cover it with lid, and allow it to cook on high for 8 hours.
7. Serve stew hot with sour cream.