- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet and Sour Chicken Drumsticks Recipe Video
|Chicken drumstick||12 Medium, rinsed, pat dry|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon, toasted (Optional)|
|For the marinade|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Scallions (green and white)||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|For the sauce|
|Orange marmalade||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ketchup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 329 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.7%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 90.1 mg
Sodium 672.6 mg28%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 35.3 g
Protein 26 g51.7%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 30.7%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. FOR MARINADE: In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients together.
3. In a large bowl place the chicken legs. Pour the marinade over the chicken making sure all sides get covered. Allow chicken to sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
4. SAUCE: Take a pan put all the ingredients and whisk well. Cook for about 5 minutes and remove from heat. Set aside.
5. Transfer the marinated chicken to a roasting pan. Place the pan in the oven and roast the chicken for 20 minutes.
6. Remove the chicken from the oven and brush generously with the sauce, on both sides. Reduce the oven to 375 degrees F.
7. Return the chicken to the oven and cook for another 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and generously cover the chicken with the sauce on both sides again.
8. Return the pan to the oven and cook for another 12 minutes or until the chicken registers 170 degrees on a meat thermometer or is no longer pink.
9. Remove from the oven and sprinkle sesame seeds on the cooked chicken.
10. In a serving platter, serve the chicken as it is or with any dip of choice and some tissues.