- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caribbean Sweet And Sour Chicken Recipe
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound, cut up|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned crushed pineapple||8 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Barbecue sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Bottled)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 599 Calories from Fat 353
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.4%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.1 mg
Sodium 387.9 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.58 g2.3%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 43 g85.7%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl mix the flour, salt, and pepper.
2) Coat the chicken evenly.
3) In the 10" skillet, brown the chicken 1/2 at a time in hot oil.
4) Put back all the chicken to skillet .
5) In a bowl, mix the ginger, un-drained pineapple,and barbecue sauce.
6) Stir in the pineapple mixture into the chicken.
7) Simmer covered for about 30 min or until the chicken is cooked.
8) Serve immediately over the hot cooked rice.