- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet and Sour Cabbage Recipe
|Red cabbage||150 Milliliter, shredded (150 Milliliter)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Cider vinegar||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Tart apple||1 , unpeeled, chopped|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 117 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.6 g0.92%
Saturated Fat 0.07 g0.36%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 24.4 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.8%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 17.6% Vitamin C 256.7%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Shred the cabbage and set aside.
2) In a large skillet, over meadium heat, steam-stir the onions with few drops of water to prevent scorching.
3) When onion is tender, add apple, bay leaf, vinegar, cabbage, caraway seeds and honey.
4) Cove the skillet and cook over medium heat while stirring ocassionaly for 15-20 minutes.
5) Cook until cabbage is tender. Add few more drops of water, if required.
6) Remove bay leaf before serving.
7) Serve the sweet and sour cabbage as a side dish.