- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet And Pungent Duckling Recipe
|Ready to cook duckling||4 Pound|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Rendered duck fat||2 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 Large, diced|
|Canned pineapple chunks||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1119 Calories from Fat 512
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.5%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g78.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 624.4 mg
Sodium 861.3 mg35.9%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 20.1 g
Protein 112 g224.7%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 130.7%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 85.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Score the skin of the duck from the neck towards the vent. Using a sharp pointed knife, remove the skin, making no damages to the flesh. Piece the duck flesh into serving size.
2. Prepare a mixture of ginger, garlic, honey, sherry and soy sauce and pour on the duck. Keep aside for about an hour, turning every now and then.
3. In a heavy skillet, heat fat and brown the marinated duck and drain the excessive fat.
4. Mix pineapple juice to the marinade and pour on the browned duck. Simmer, covering, for about 50 minutes.
5. Prepare a paste of pineapple chunks, green pepper, cornstarch and lemon juice with ¼ cup of cold water. Add to the mixture and simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Serve the duck with rice.