- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet And Fiery Chicken Slivers Recipe
|Romaine lettuce head/Escarole head||1 Pound (Large One)|
|Navel oranges||2 Large|
|Skinless boneless chicken breast||1 1⁄2 Pound (2 Whole Ones)|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Asian sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned sliced water chestnuts||16 Ounce, drained (2 Cans Of 8 Ounce Each)|
|Dried red pepper flakes||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 416 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.7 mg
Sodium 621.8 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.3%
Sugars 20.7 g
Protein 48 g96.3%
Vitamin A 184.4% Vitamin C 141%
Calcium 153.1% Iron 71%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Grate enough orange zest to give 1/2 teaspoon. Cut away the peel and white pith from both oranges. Then cut each orange into 8 wedges, and cut the wedges in half. Combine them with the grated zest and set aside.
3. Cut the chicken into 1 X 1/4-inch strips. Combine the honey and soy sauce in a small bowl. Mince the garlic.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil in a 12-inch skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and chicken, and stir continuously until partially cooked, 1 minute. Add the ginger and water chestnuts, and saute for another minute to warm up. Then add the soy sauce mixture and cook, uncovered, until the chicken is completely cooked, 2 to 3 minutes more.
5. While the chicken is cooking, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the romaine leaves, and stir them around for just a minute or until almost wilted; season to taste with salt and red pepper flakes, and immediately remove the skillet from the heat.
6. Add the orange zest and oranges to the chicken, and stir for about 30 seconds just to warm the fruit. Immediately remove the skillet from the heat and adjust the seasoning. Arrange a bed of romaine on each dinner plate, and spoon the chicken, oranges, and water chestnuts in the center.