- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Swedish Omelette Recipe
|Sharp cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Undiluted)|
|Minced chives||2 Teaspoon|
|Egg yolks||6 , lightly beaten|
|Egg whites||6 , beaten stiff|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1427 Calories from Fat 865
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g163.2%
Saturated Fat 54.5 g272.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1387.6 mg
Sodium 3361.9 mg140.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.72 g2.9%
Sugars 14.9 g
Protein 98 g196.9%
Vitamin A 101.8% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 207.5% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2. Slice the cheese in slivers and soften it by adding to the top of a double boiler.
3. Gradually add the milk and stir the mixture until it turns smooth.
4. Fold in seasonings and chives.
5. When done remove from ehat.
6. Take a bowl and add egg yolks to it. Slowly fold in the cheese sauce.
7. Add this mixture into stiffly beaten egg whites.
8. Take well-greased 9-inch metal skillet or a shallow ovenproof casserole. Spread the mixture over it and bake the mixture uncover for about 25-30 minutes at 325° F.
9. Serve after cutting the omelet into pie-shaped wedges.