- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Swedish Meatballs Recipe
|Evaporated milk||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs), divided|
|Onion||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chopped|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground round||1 Pound|
|Beef bouillon cubes||2|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1846 Calories from Fat 1001
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 112 g172.3%
Saturated Fat 53 g265.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 429.8 mg
Sodium 3570.4 mg148.8%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 48.6 g
Protein 125 g249.7%
Vitamin A 25.3% Vitamin C 39.8%
Calcium 119.7% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Mix together 2/3 cup evaporated milk, onion, crumbs, allspice, salt and pepper.
2) Mix in meat and allow chilling.
3) Figure the mixture into 1-in balls.
4) Take a large skillet; heat butter and brown meatballs in it.
5) In boiling water, dissolve bouillon cubes and spoon this over meatballs.
6) Allow this to come to a boil over medium heat and then simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
7) In the meantime, combine together cold water and flour.
8) Take off the meatballs from skillet and discard fat from pan juices and reserve juices.
9) Into the pan juices in skillet, mix remaining evaporated milk and flour/water mixture and uncover and stir cook over low heat until sauce thickens.
10) Place the meatballs back to skillet and mix in lemon juice.
11) Serve hot.